Birth Date: September 21, 1947
Pen Names: Richard Bachman, John Swithen
Blood Type: A+
Years Active: 1967 – Present
Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Supernatural Fiction, Dark Fantasy
No. of Books Written: 254
- Stephen plays rhythm guitar in a rock & roll band named “Rock Bottom Remainders”, The band’s members have included Dave Barry, Stephen King, Amy Tan, Cynthia Heimel, Sam Barry, Ridley Pearson, Scott Turow, Joel Selvin, James McBride, Mitch Albom, Roy Blount, Jr., Barbara Kingsolver and other famous authors.
- He once got hit by a van on one particular night on 1999. It caused him with a broken rib, collapsed lung, head injury and a broken leg in 9 separate places. After recovering, King bought the vehicle that hit him, releasing an uncontrollable bottled up wrath he quickly turned it into a scrap metal with a baseball bat.
- Believe it or not, the master of horror himself is mortified of something other than the works he published. He suffers from triskaidekaphobia which is the fear of the number 13. While writing he will never stop working if the page number is 13 or a multiple of it, any number other than these are what he called safe numbers.
- During much of his early career, King threw out the first draft manuscript of Carrie which he has intentions to make into a short story. Seeing it in the trash can, his wife Tabetha rescued it knowing there’s some potential into his work, adding a feminine touch to it together they finished the book. Stephen ended up dedicating the book to his wife and still firmly believed that if his wife has not salvaged it chances are he would never have reached the audience and fanbase he now has today.
- Stephen discussed his career during the 2016 National Book Festival. He shared his experience with the audience about the very first book signing he did way back his early years as an author. “When I published my first novel Carrie, a bookstore chain in Maine asked me if I would come sign books which I agreed. When the day of the book signing came, everything was in place, they set up a small table and a couple of book copies placed on top. There were only 5 people who showed up, 3 of them are college friends of mine.”
Notable Characters Created
Birth date: Existed before the Universe in an alternate dimension known as “Macroverse.”
Haunting Ground: Maine, terrorizing the children in the town of Derry.
Skills and Abilities: Shape shifting, invisibility
Shape: Appears in a shape that its victims fear most.
Weakness: Heart of courage
Status: In hibernation
Pennywise the Dancing Clown, more commonly known as IT, is the titular main antagonist of the Stephen King novel IT and miniseries and film of the same name. The demonic extra-dimensional entity had a body humans could only comprehend as a giant spider, but It would almost always disguise itself as a clown to attract children so that it could capture and kill them as they were an easier target.
Breed: St. Bernard
Abilities: Super strength, enhanced dog senses due to Bat rabies
Weakness: Severe injuries can kill him
Cujo was a massive St Bernard dog, owned by the Camber Family. Cujo was once a friendly and playful companion.But when Cujo was bitten by a bat and got rabies from it, for the next few days, he became very bloodthirsty and dangerous, eventually killing Gary Pervier and Joe Camber. When Donna Trenton and her son, Tad, go to the Chamber’s farm for an auto repair, they are attacked by Cujo and spend three days in their car hiding from him. By this time, Cujo is now completely covered in sweat, blood, grime, froth and mucus, and the smallest thing could set him off. When the phone rings, Cujo flies into a rage and viciously attacks the car, breaking a window in the process. Cujo bites Donna in the leg when she tries to escape and get help, and she barely survives the merciless and destructive attack. Luckily, the sheriff arrives, only to be killed by Cujo after a brief struggle.
Birth place: Chamberlain, Maine
Died: May 28, 1979
Also Known as: Carrietta N. White (Full name), High School Prom Queen
Occupation: Student of Ewen Consolidated High School
Abilities: Telekinesis, Telepathy
Carrie White was the only daughter of Margaret Bringman and Ralph White, who later
abandoned his family and died in a construction accident.
She had a lonely childhood and most kids in her school call her a freak.
On a daily basis, her mentally ill-mannered mother would repeatedly beat her into submission
And physically abuse her.
Later during her high school years, most of her classmates would pick and mistreat her due to
Later on, she discovered she’s no ordinary girl, possessing supernatural gifts or curse,
she can move things whenever she’s angry or makes them explode or set things on fire.